This article applies to Maya Mobile for Business accounts only.
Users can be added with one of two different types of account access:
- User Level: A user that will have access to their assigned eSIMs only, much like a regular customer of Maya Mobile.
- Administrator Level: A user that will have access to the Business Dashboard, and permission to manage Business assets like eSIMs, Data Pools, Users, Invoices, Payment Methods, and API Keys.
In most cases, new users should be added as a regular User. This user type is ideal for organizational users, such as employees, who only need access to their own eSIM data plan. It can also be used for clients who you are sending eSIMs as part of your business.
Adding a new user as an Administrator will give them permission to view and manage any of the following business account assets:
- User Activity Log
- Data Pools
- Payment Methods
- API Keys
- API Log
- Business Settings
Secondary account Administrators do not have permission to modify or remove the account owner. Even so, caution should be exercised in granting administrator permissions to a new user.
When adding an Administrator user, you can select the permissions to allow the new Administrator. For more info on Administrator-level permissions, see: Administrator Access Level Permissions
Adding a New User
With the Business Dashboard
To add a new sub-user or sub-administrator in your Maya Mobile for Business account, follow the steps below.
- Navigate to the Users page
- Click the Add User button
- Enter the Name and Email of the new user
- Select the appropriate Access Level (User or Administrator)
- Click Create User
Account Welcome Emails
When a new User or Administrator is created, the user will receive an email from Maya Mobile with a tokenized link that allows them to securely set their account password.
The email sent to new users will arrive from firstname.lastname@example.org, and will contain Maya Mobile branding as well as the name of your organization.