This article applies to Maya Mobile for Business accounts only.
Maya Mobile for Business Costs
We will charge your Maya Mobile for Business account based on usage, for only 2 billable units. There is no subscription fee or base cost to keep your Maya Mobile for Business account. We charge for the following billable units:
- Roaming Data Usage
- eSIM Provisioning Fees
The following is an overview of Roaming Data Usage billing. For more information about how and when we charge your account, see: Billing Overview for Business accounts
Roaming Data Usage
Roaming Data Usage is charged based on the real data usage of each eSIM created in your account. Data usage is charged according to the standard rate per Megabyte given in your account's Price List, which vary depending on the country where roaming data is consumed.
The roaming data rates are standard across all Maya Mobile for Business accounts, but if you have especially high volume in a particular country, please feel free to Contact Us to inquire about a reduced rate.
How Data Usage is Calculated
When your account's eSIMs connect to a network and use data, the local network sends us records of the roaming data usage in near real-time. The amount of data usage per eSIM is delivered directly by the roaming network, and is not modified or calculated independently by Maya Mobile in any circumstance.
How Costs are Calculated
Once the data usage is received from the roaming network (usually within 15-20 minutes, but sometimes up to 60 minutes after the data usage occurs), the amount of Megabytes consumed in each roaming data session is multiplied according to the rate per Megabyte in your account's Price List, and the resulting charge is added to your current account balance.
The rate per MB (Megabyte) varies depending on the country where data is consumed, according to our costs to provide roaming data with the various mobile networks around the world.
Finding the Rate per MB (Megabyte)
To find your account's Price List and review the rate per Megabyte in each region, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Price List page under the Billing section.
- Search for the country or countries where your users will consume data.
- Note the value in the column $USD per MB, which is the price that will be charged for each Megabyte consumed in that country.
Tracking Data Usage
We provide multiple tools to track data usage and accrued costs in near real-time. You can find the near real-time data usage and incurred charges in the following locations in your Maya Mobile for Business account:
- On the Data Pools page, you can see each pool's Data Usage and Current Cost for the current month.
- On the page for an individual Data Pool, you can find the per-session data usage and charges on the Data Usage tab.
- On the eSIM page for any individual eSIM, you can find the per-session data usage and charges on the Data Usage Logs tab.
- On the Billing page, you can see the total current account balance for data usage since your last bill.
The examples below illustrate how data usage costs would be calculated in different roaming scenarios. Please note that your actual data usage may vary according to your business needs and usage patterns.
This example illustrates a minimum Business account setup and the resulting costs that will be incurred for roaming data usage.
- Create Data Pool with Data Region: France
- Create 5 eSIMs and assign to Data Pool: France. The eSIMs are now allowed to access roaming data in France.
- Over the next 30 days, the 5 eSIMs each consume 2GB of data.
- Your account will be charged for the total data usage of 5 eSIMs x 2GB of data = 10GB of data usage.
- The price per Megabyte is listed in your account's Price List. Assume it is $0.0025 per Megabyte ($2.50 USD per Gigabyte).
- The total cost for data usage will be 10GB x $2.50 USD = $25 USD.
This example illustrates a Business account setup with multiple Data Pools and multiple eSIMs using data in different world regions.
- Create two Data Pools
- One Data Pool with Data Region: Latin America
- One Data Pool with Data Region: USA
- Create 10 eSIMs and assign all eSIMs to both Data Pools (Latin America and USA). The eSIMs are now allowed to access roaming data throughout Latin America and USA.
- Over the next 30 days, the 10 eSIMs consume the following amount of data:
- 5 eSIMs each consume 1GB of data in Brazil (5GB total)
- 3 eSIMs each consume 1GB of data in Chile (3GB total)
- 5 eSIMs each consume 2GB of data in USA (10GB total, including some of the same eSIMs that also consumed data in Brazil or Argentina, as the users traveled between countries)
- Your account will be charged for the total data usage of 18GB according to the price per Megabyte (MB) for each country listed in your account's Price List. Assume the price is $0.009 USD for Brazil, $0.01125 for Chile, and $0.0045 for USA.
- Brazil - 5 eSIMs x 1GB = 5120 MB data usage x $0.009 USD = $46.08 USD
- Chile - 3 eSIMs x 1GB = 3072 MB data usage x $0.01125 USD = $34.56 USD
- USA - 5 eSIMs x 2GB = 10240 MB data usage x $0.0045 USD = $46.08 USD
- The total cost for data usage will be $126.72 USD.