Data Plan Cannot be Added
"This code is no longer valid. Contact your carrier for more information."
After activating your eSIM via QR code or manual activation code, you may see the above error message on your iPhone.
1. Check internet connection
First, please make sure your phone has a working Wi-Fi or cellular internet connection before installing the eSIM. An internet connection is required to verify and activate the eSIM.
2. eSIM is already installed
Most often, the eSIM is already installed on your phone. This can happen in the background after scanning the QR code. Please verify the following settings:
- Open Settings
- Tap Cellular (or 'Mobile Data' in the UK)
- Tap Cellular Data at the top, and select the eSIM plan on the following page. This will tell the phone to use the eSIM plan for data connections.
- Return to Cellular, scroll down and tap your eSIM plan. It may be called 'Personal', 'Travel', or 'Secondary'.
- Confirm Turn On This Line is ON
- Confirm Data Roaming is ON
If you can find the Maya Mobile eSIM following the steps above, and the settings are correct, the eSIM will be ready to connect automatically when you arrive. No further action is required!
If you have followed the steps above and verified that the eSIM is not installed on your phone, please contact us and we will be happy to help.