There are multiple reasons why your eSIM may appear connected to the network, but is not getting an Internet connection on a 4G/LTE network.
You may experience the following problems when the eSIM is not connected to a data network:
- Extremely slow download/upload speeds
- Only "E" (Edge) appears in the signal status, no 4G/LTE
- No Internet connection, even though eSIM shows a connection
To troubleshoot the above issues, please follow these steps:
IMPORTANT: DO NOT DELETE THE eSIM FROM YOUR PHONE. If removed, we cannot send you a new QR code, because removing the eSIM permanently deactivates the data plan. If it's not working, don't worry, please follow the steps below or Contact Us if you need assistance!
1. Check your eSIM has data available
First, please log in to your Maya Mobile account to make sure your eSIM data plan is Active and has data available to use. These problems may occur when you have used all of the available data on your eSIM account. If you have no data remaining, you can add more data.
2. Turn on Roaming Data
Roaming Data must be enabled for the eSIM to connect to a network.
Apple iOS (iPhone)
- In your phone's Settings, go to Cellular and select the eSIM data plan under Cellular Plans.
- Make sure the option for Roaming Data is set to ON.
3. Reset the data connection
On your device Settings screen, enable Airplane Mode and wait 30 seconds, then switch off again. This will force the device to re-connect to the cellular network. Wait up to 15 minutes for the eSIM data plan to successfully authenticate and begin receiving 4G/LTE data.
4. Manually select a network
If resetting the data connection does not work, you may need to select a network manually. Follow the steps below:
Apple iOS (iPhone)
- Open Settings/Configuration
- Go to Cellular and select the eSIM data plan under Cellular Plans
- Tap Network Selection, and on the following screen, switch Automatic to Off. Wait for the list of available networks to appear.
- Manually select an available network, and wait for the signal status to update. You should see the signal status in the top bar switch to "Searching" when you select a new network.
- After selecting a different network, toggle Automatic back to On.
Still no data connection
If you are sure the eSIM has data available and the above steps do not resolve the issue, it is possible you are in an area without service, or there is a network issue out of our control that is affecting service. The best thing to do is wait and check later. Leave the Network Selection set to Automatic, and the device will continue searching for a signal.